I'm loving this lazy rainy day. Days have been so hectic lately that I'm enjoying not having anywhere I have to be today. I got up this morning and saw Mike's mom and step dad off for their trip back home and then I went back to bed....slept until 1pm! Woo-hoo! Got some much needed rest! My brain has been so tired I couldn't even think anymore. In fact I had a melt down last night when it was quiet. Think the emotions of having a student on hospice are catching up with me. I have seen her body take a turn for the worse in just one short week. Why do I have to be so dog gone emotional? Such a sweet girl in a body that can't keep up with her anymore. And to see her mom and the agony that she is experiencing is breaking my heart. She stayed with me after the pep rally yesterday waiting on her mom to pick her up. Her mom came straight in and said "finally, I have my baby girl back." She she can't stand to be away from her all day. I can understand why. Last week she had use of her hands. This week she can't use her left hand at all. She is starting to become paralyzed. I know that school is keeping her going. Usually I don't pay a whole lot of attention to a student's hands but she is in my apparel class so I do pay attention. I wonder by the end of next week will she be able to have any strength at all to work on her project?
As a mom, this is breaking my heart. As a teacher I am encouraged by her will and spirit to come to school. If only the rest of my students were so dedicated to their education and not take it for granted. She told her mom she couldn't go to the football game last night because she had to much homework to do. I said girlfriend, that homework will be there all weekend, enjoy going and hanging out at the football game. Turns out she use to be in band and she misses it to much to watch it. She can't play anymore. I wanted to cry when I got home but we left as soon as I got home for dinner and shopping.
Weekly happenings in the Lucas household:
-Monday was Labor day. Great day off. Cleaned up house.
-Anne and Jim (Mike's mom and step-dad) came in for a visit on Tuesday.
-Luke had soccer practice Tuesday night.
-Wed church night
-Leah had her first volleyball game Thursday night

-Luke had another soccer practice Thursday night and flat Stanley went with us from cousin Mycah:
-Went shopping and out to dinner with Mike's mom-Dropped Leah off at a slumber party on way home
(Enjoying dinner at Joe's Crab Shack with Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw):
-Today = laziness :)Luke being a cookie monster. Thats what we do on rainy days....cook cookies :)

No comments:
Post a Comment