Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The day in a nutshell....or maybe the nut house...not sure which

Today started off as an ordinary summer day. Mommy slept till 11 o'clock after finally falling asleep at 5 am. I know, I know...bad mommy. I just can't sleep as hard as I try I can't fall asleep. It truly does frustrate the mess out of me. As soon as I woke up and walked into the living room the girls started fighting. Mind you they have been in there for two hours by themselves with no problem but as soon as I walk in .... bam! So off to their rooms I send them. Luke goes to his room and starts cleaning. Paige ended up getting a spanking because of her behavior. I hate spanking but sometimes you do what you have to do. Luke comes in and tells me he is being a good boy. I tell him yes he is and he tells me he "qweened" his room. I think he thought he was in trouble too. He told me he needed "lovins". I sat down and let him climb into my lap. I just loved on him and explained to him that he wasn't in trouble and that he was ok. Then I went in and talked to Paige. I explained to her that she needed to write me a paper telling me how she could change her behavior to be more positive. She was like duh mom. I can write that in a minute. Great, let me see it I said to her.

Off to work on the painting in Leah's room and start in the living room.
(Before Pictures of Leah's room below)






We made lunch and then all three proceded to help me with painting the living room. Luke made a huge club house in there too.

The clubhouse:


Why is that when you are working on one room all of the rest of the rooms blow up? And the living room just totally looks like a bomb went off in there! Once the first coat was done in the living room I told the kids to gather up their library books, we were getting out of the house. They were excited now. Off to the library. Luke informed us that we have to be "qwiettt" in the "wibrary". Yes son, I'm glad that lesson has stuck with you. The kids had a great time there. We did puzzles and read some books. I think we ended up checking out like 16 books today! Wow a record for us. Luke even checked out 2. He was so excited and told me he had to bring them back. I was so proud.

Then for our next challenge....the grocery store with three children. Did I say challenge? Because that's what it is. I just needed bread and milk today but ended up buying crackers, bananas, yogurt, on and on. $50 dollars worth of stuff for just needing bread and milk. And we picked up Leah's new inhaler. She has to use that everyday now along with 2 allergy meds. She is not feeling well right now and this is the time of year she gets pneumonia so the dr and I are trying to head it off before it gets to that point.

Back home now. Mike has returned from his all day fishing trip. Lucky man, gets away from us for all day. Peace, quiet, calmness. No wonder he was all refreshed when we got home. Hey, think I need a day to run away too!!!

Time for dinner, pulled out two homemade gourmet items out of the cabinet. Paige helped me make dinner tonight and it was yummy! Paige and Leah both had second helpings tonight! We are trying to eat better and eat at home more. I have lost 10 lbs and Leah has lost 2 lbs so far!!Paige had a second helping of broccoli and cheese (little trees as Lukeman likes to call them). And Leah had more chicken and rice. I really liked the garlic, cheese biscuits and salad.

Luke refused to eat dinner. He wanted a snack. This is a bad habit he has and we are trying to break it. While I was in school he just kind of ate whatever whenever and now that momma is in full attention mode he doesn't like it to much. I bribed him with going swimming at Grammies if he ate his dinner. He had to go to his room a few times until he realized he really had to eat his dinner. No trees tonight for him but we are working up to it.

Off to swim at Grammies house. Mike had to fog for mosquitos because they are bad at moms and it was only 7 pm and they were already ready to bite us. The water was ice cold tonight! I didn't stay in long. We made a train in the water. Mike acted like he was incredible hulk throwing and tossing the kids around in the water all the while grunting at them as he showed his muscles. I'm sure he will feel it tomorrow and be sore.

Back home and Luke had demanded to me yesterday that I make him some cookies. I was like what dude??? Anyway I bought some chocolate chip cookie dough during our shopping trip (part of that 50 dollar expense) and made cookies as a dessert when we got home. Luke was staring at the oven door just drooling for them to come out. Once out he couldn't wait for one. I put one on a plate for him and he had to have a napkin so he could wave the hotness away. I think he ate 3 cookies! He is officially the cookie monster.






Luke "fanning" his cookie


And finally getting to eat it!!

Next we made polka dots in blue paint on Leah's newly painted brown wall. She is going to have the coolest teenage hangout room. Must be a rock star room. She even let Paige help paint polka dots. Luke just jumped on the bed. I tell you painting with three children helping you takes on a whole new meaning to life itself.
The blue polka dots:
Awww, bed time. Quietness, calmness, peacefulness. Awwww. I think this is why I don't want to go to bed and fall asleep. I enjoy the quiet time to much that I get wrapped up in it and before I know it half the night is gone.

What a full day.

No comments: