Sunday, August 8, 2010

First week = -2 lbs!

Original post 7/25/10

Woo-hoo! 2 lbs lost for my first week of this challenge! This may not sound like much but I'm shooting for baby steps here. And baby steps it is! Thursday was the end of the first week and I think that was one of my hardest days. I was sick with a sinus infection and didn't feel up to par that day. Didn't feel like messing with all of this stuff and didn't really pay attention to what I ate. I found that this will be a challenge in and of itself. Once I go back to work in August I'm going to have to make myself be dedicated to this if I'm going to be successful. Thus making this more of a challenge. I like to set goals, but I'm not always necessarily great with the follow through. This is something I want to accomplish and no one is going to do it for me, although I wish they could! I may need to revise some things. I signed up on Julian Michael's website and she offers a meal plan. Great idea, IF you use it. I found that things happened that I hadn't planned on during the day and this would make me get off course for my plan. I also found it challenging with my family. They didn't want to eat what I had planned to cook for the meal that day. I expected my kids to say yuck and not want to eat but it will be a challenge with my hubby as well. He likes to be spontaneous and eat whatever he is hungry for that day. Hello, this is one of the reasons why I am in the jam I am in! I on the other hand like to plan out my day and know what is going to happen. Can you tell I'm a teacher?
So I'm on the start of a new week and baby stepping it right now. I need to focus and stay on track. And I need to figure out a way to make this be successful when my life gets chaotic with work and school schedules.

No comments: