Sunday, August 8, 2010

Setting Goals

Originally posted 7/15/10

Ever since graduating last August, almost a year ago now, with my master's degree I have been trying to find myself and figuring out where and what I am doing with my life. You see, attaining my master's degree was one of those bucket list goals. A hard to reach, determined kind of goal. I conquered it and then I thought, what else? What else do I need to do with my life? Where am I going? What do I want to do next? Well it has been a long year now and I have been at a loss as to where I'm going. So I decided I needed direction. I need a goal that will be long term that I need to work hard to attain. Focus I guess you could say. I am focused in my life. God first, husband second, children next, then family and friends...oh and throw work in there too. I turned 40 this January and the one thing that has been nagging at me is my weight; how sick and tired I am of being overweight and fighting this battle. It is a battle, a constant struggle. I have been overweight for the past 20 years. Yes, I have lost weight but only for it to find me again. Currently I weigh as much as I did when my son was born and he turned 5 years old this week! Not a baby anymore and no reason for me to be carrying this baby weight around. So I am equipped with my Julian Michael's Shred video, my Body for Life for Women book and my Potatoes, Not Prozac book. Let's get this party started!


Do you think it would be alright to eat some Blue Bell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream first??? Just wondering.....

No comments: