Monday, August 9, 2010

Revamping this thing

So finally tonight I had some time to just sit and work on this blog.  I was so frustrated with it earlier in the summer that I just gave up on it.  I created a new blog where I made a challenge for myself.  Read below if your interested to learn more.  After being so frustrated with one blog I thought I must be insane to try to keep up with two blogs at one time!  And especially after school starts who am I kidding, I will barely have time to keep up with one if at all possible.  That is another one of my goals for this school year, to write here more.  I love looking at other people's blogs and catching up with their thoughts and lives.  I found a new blog tonight searching for blog templates and the lady is an interior designer here in Dallas!  I want to get in touch with her and have her come talk to my interior design students in the spring.  Too cool!  Ok, so I teach interior design...but please don't look at my house  :)  It's a mess!  It is definitely lived in I must say!

I have spent time this summer working on Paige's room.  Last summer was Leah's room and I had promised Paige I would do her room next.  She wanted pink walls with zebra stripes.  I opted to do a zebra stripe border in the middle of the room because I didn't want the impossible job of having to cover black stripes at a later date.  When we moved into this house she was 4 and wanted a flow garden.  I painted the walls a sky blue on top and green grass on the bottom.  We painted wooden flowers and attached them to the wall.  They came off easily but covering that blue and green paint about killed me!  I had to cover them with three coats of pink paint.  A friend of mine did her daughters border with zebra fabric so I have borrowed that idea for Paige's border.  We bought some fabric today at the store and I want to get that finished this week.  I recovered her bulletin board with hot pink and zebra fabric tonight and it turned out so cute!!  Also I covered her night light with zebra fabric.  It's cute too until you turn the light on and you can see the blue/yellow stripes shine through the fabric.  Oh well, at least it's cute sitting there on the wall  :)   I plan to make her a zebra fabric valance and do make some letters spelling her name on her wall.  She doesn't know that part yet, she will be surprised!

So hopefully next summer I can tackle the living room.  I want to paint the walls in there.  It's boring and bland right now, white walls staring at me!  I did paint the walls next to the fireplace last summer chocolate brown.  They look good next to the white fireplace.  Yes, white fireplace!  Whom ever remodeled this house painted the bricks white and I haven't tackled trying to paint over them or remove the paint.  Another project for another day.  Then next I need to tackle the playroom walls.  They are also a boring white.  But then Luke will probably want me to redo his room in there somewhere.  His walls are a blue denim wash right now.  It took me so long to do his room I just hate to cover it up yet.  He keeps telling me he wants spiderman on his walls right now but who knows what he will want next year or next month for that matter.

This is the start of my last week off for summer 2010 vacation.  It has been fast and furious but thank God I didn't have to go to school this summer to take classes like the past two summers!! 

No comments: