Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why is healthy eating so expensive???

Original post 7/19/10

I took my shopping list from my Jillian Michaels meal plan and hauled off to the grocery store this afternoon. I waited for Mike to get home so I wouldn't have to take children in tow. Much better grocery shopping without them! But oh my goodness, healthy food is expensive!!! I know why poor people are overweight, they can't afford to buy the good healthy foods. Junk food is cheap in comparison. Someone needs to do something about this. I know I'm shouting to the air here but I am a huge tightwad!! I don't like to spend money at all. I only buy what I need to bye and that is it. And usually at the grocery store it is store brand only, whatever is the cheapest. Healthy foods are not cheap! They need coupons for the produce aisle and the meat aisles. Just sayin. So I need to figure out a way to make healthy eating affordable for my family of five who are picky eaters to say the least.

No comments: