Original post 6/28/10
Awww, movie time with my dad. Today my dad took the kids and I to see Toy Story 3. What a cute movie!! I think I loved it as much as the kids did. Listening to Luke laugh at the different scenes was the best part. He was cracking up! It was priceless.
The best part, my dad leaned over and said I sure do love your kids and you too. Aww, he said he enjoyed that so much. When I was a young teenager my dad use to pick my brother and I up from school every afternoon and go to the movies. It didn't matter what was showing, we saw it. We went so much that we got to know the lady working there so well that she gave us free drinks, popcorn and movie posters. What I didn't know then was that my dad was in a severe depression and one of the only things keeping him pulled out of it was taking us to the movies. I wondered why we were going to the movies so much and after a while it did get tedious because I would have homework or something to do but had to wait and do it after going to the movies. Maybe that's why I have such a love for movies now. I love going to the theatre, the smell and taste of movie popcorn and an ice cold drink. Times were different back then and movies were a lot cheaper then they are today. I bet I saw every Clint Eastwood movie made in the 80's at the theatre.
Ok, back from memory lane, Toy Story 3 was adorable. I loved the theme of the toys pulling together to help each other out, team work. And the end, when Andy's mom walks into his room broke my heart. Leah is only a few short years away from leaving home and going to college. I'm not ready.
Afterwards, dad took us to a soda shop where they make old fashioned ice cream floats, shakes and malts. YUM! The kids and I really enjoyed it. We had to wait there for some time after eating because a storm blew in and it was raining really hard. On the way back to dad's house, I let Paige drive up to dad's house and then let Leah drive us out. They were cracking me up until Leah almost hit a truck that came around the curve and ran into a ranch fence. Where that truck came from I have no clue! But it scared both of us to death and Leah said she was done with driving and stopped the van in the middle of the road and got out. I yelled at her to get back in and at least drive to the SIDE of the road and lets trade. And she stopped ride at the edge of the turn, scared me half to death. Think her driving days are a way down the road....get it driving a ways down the road....hahahah, crack myself up.
We came home and Maw-maw's and Paw-paw's were here from Colorado. The kids were excited. We ate dinner, enjoyed our time together and went for a long walk at the park.
No comments:
Post a Comment