Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Farewell to Summer 2009


Tuesday is my last day of summer. Back to work officially on Wednesday. I am finding myself really sad today. Not really sure why. Mike says I do this at the end of every summer. I just want to cry. I am thinking it is from all of the life changes of here late, but maybe it is just because it is the end of summer. So to summer of 09:

Farewell sleeping late. Farewell swimming until way past dark. Farewell to staycation. Farewell to listening to my kids laugh and play all day (ok maybe that should be argue all day). Farewell to hanging out with friends on week nights that now will be school nights. Farewell to cooking out at moms with friends.

Hello to the hustle and bustle of everyday life. HELLO alarm clock that I haven't missed all summer. Hello school night bed time. Hello classroom. Hello teacher friends that I haven't talked to all summer. Hello high school students.

Hello to my own new 3rd and 7th grade children. Hello dress code that the girls dislike. Hello homework. Hello stress of not wanting to do homework. Hello projects. Hello school lunches. Hello lunch money. Hello trying to get out of the door by 7:10 a.m.

Hello daycare for the 4 year old. Hello crying fit on the first day of not wanting to be dropped off. Hello new classroom and teacher. Hello nap time again. Hello daycare friends!

So farewell to summer of 2009, you will be missed. Hello new school year of 2009-2010, wonder what you will bring?

No comments: