So on my plan to cut back I called the satellite company today and had them turn it off. Now we will only have local channels. After many years of satellite tv with so many choices and stations to watch I think we might be in some shock for the next couple of days.
I have to laugh because while I was on the phone with them today and they took the stations off, both girls and Mike came running up to me yelling now hold on there momma! I had told them I was going to do it but I guess they didn't believe me. They were all three in the living room watching tv when it turned off, I didn't tell them I was calling when I called :)
Paige pouted for a while, Leah just sat on the couch like what do I do now and Mike informed me he wouldn't be home on Monday nights now, he would be at the Browning's house for football night!
But since no TV, my living room is cleaned and free of toys, we have talked and hung out more today, Mike built a new mantle for the fireplace (we have only lived here for 3 yrs now...so finally, and had a wii racing challenge. :)
I have to say it is kind of strange not having the channels we use to like anymore. I realized later in the afternoon I wouldn't be able to watch the food network or diy or hgtv or tlc or discovery channel anymore. The killer will be in the morning when there is no Disney channel, no sponge bob or noggin. I'm sure I will hear about it from Luke in the morning.
(and I went to the AT&T store and asked them to lower my monthly bill. So between the two I saved $111 a month today! woo-hoo!)
No comments:
Post a Comment