Friday, August 14, 2009

Graduation Day finally arrived!!!

Finally! Graduation day!! Let me take a moment to let this all soak in. Ok. According to Luke it was called happy gradumacation day and Paige it was gradumawaiting. However you say it, it was awesome!

Last night I told Mike I wasn't very excited about it. He asked me why and I started to cry. I can't believe its over. Two long hard years and its over. I feel like I'm not finished yet. And this has been a lifelong goal of mine and now its accomplished. What now?

On the drive to Denton we decided to grab some lunch before I had to be at the line up. Sounds like I did some kind of crime or something doesn't it? No crime, just line up with all of the other graduates. On the way into Denton we drove around looking for somewhere to stop. We ended up making a HUGE complete circle around Denton. Mike turned on his GPS because we decided on El Chico. Well the GPS sent us on a goose chase. We ended up on some country road that dead ended with some distribution centers! Where in the world was El Chico???

So I pulled out the directions to the ceremony and we headed that way. Good thing we left extra early to eat. We found this really quaint sub shop on the campus called Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches. It was sooooo yummy! Everyone loved their sandwiches. Note to self, if ever in Denton, go back to eat there!

It started pouring down rain right as we started to leave the sandwich place. So we sat in the car for a while waiting for it to stop before running into the coliseum at UNT. I was REALLY early! This is NOT normal for me! I had to stand around and wait for an hour before time to go in for graduation.

Once I entered the arena and waited to be seated I could feel my eyes tearing up. I fought them back but I just wanted to cry like a baby. Wow was all I could think. Wow, I made it. Wow I did this with 3 kids, a husband and a full time job. Wow.

After walking across the stage I was still like wow! We went to eat dinner with mom and grandma and then when we got home I had two sets of flowers waiting on me! Two dozen red roses from my mother-in-law and a bouquet of pink and purple flowers from my wonderful neighbors. What a surprise!! I LOVE them and they smell oh so wonderful. They take up one whole corner of my kitchen table. I will put up a pic soon, they are on a different camera.

It is sinking in that I am finished. I am done. Stick a fork in me and turn me over.

No comments: