Officially started my last week of summer before going back to work next week. I keep thinking I need to go work in my room but heck, who wants to do that yet? I sure don't. From looking at our in-service schedule, I don't think we will get much time before school starts to work in our rooms this year. Guess that means I will go visit my room and see what all I need to work on.
So I made a commitment to myself that I would be more joyful with my life. So far so good until today. I was really tested in it today with bills and stuff. We know that God has worked in our lives and we can see him working. The hard part is being patient and understanding waiting to get out of the slump we have been in lately with the economy and real estate.
Over the weekend Mike started sending out job applications. He talked to two of his distribution buddies that run some distribution centers and they sounded hopeful that maybe they could find a spot for him. I have to say it has been so nice having him around. He gets to go to the kids schools, activities and church. Most warehousing jobs are 24/7 so who knows what kind of schedule he would end up with. We will adjust though.
Agghhh. I will NOT let this steal my joy. I just won't. It tried to be stolen today and I almost let it. Several friends replied to my request for job looking help and told me some places Mike could look at. I'm so thankful for facebook and friends! And family too. So I might be defeated on the outside but I'm going to stand up on the inside. Tomorrow just has to be a brighter day. I just know it.
And on a positive note, I received a card from my mother-in-law for my graduation. She sent me a gift to be able to purchase some new school clothes :) Thanks Anne! I appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment