Sunday, August 9, 2009

A house full of girls

Poor Luke. He was so out numbered today. Leah had two friends spend the night last night to go to church with us this morning. Today was their first day to be a part of the youth group. They are so grown up now....they think anyway.

After church they came back over and spent the afternoon. They went outside to play and a little later when I called them in for lunch they had found another friend! So three almost teenage girls plus my own, Paige and Luke made for a house full of kids today. And you know what? I loved every minute of it.

But you know how I wrote last night about my house being messy and how I was extremely embarrassed for some people to see it. Well that part happened today. When one of the moms came to pick up her daughter I invited her in since we hadn't met yet. She had met Mike but we hadn't had a chance to meet. I was so embarrassed by my living room! Its a mess in there and totally looks like a bomb went off. Ugh. But oh well. Like I said last night I'm trying really hard to just let it go and enjoy life a little bit more. And I did today. I really enjoyed the kids being here and I enjoyed watching my children interact with their friends. They even let Paige play with them and Lukeman too. He just thought he was too cute with all of their attention. He told Leah last night he didn't like the "grills" (the way he says girls) being here because she didn't pay attention to him. Hum, someones a little jealous of his sisters time.

So who needs to nap on Sunday afternoons anymore? I guess I don't because I'm hoping the grills as Lukeman calls them will be able to entertain more friends over. Luke wants a friend over too. He just thinks he is so big now as he likes to tell me. Whatever, your 4, you will have your time little man....I promise.

No comments: