That's right. School starts at 8 am sharp and I'm wide awake. Go figure. Guess its the anticipation, the excitement of a new year. What is in store for the new year? What kind of student's will I have? What changes can I make to make this year better?
After church this morning the girls and I went to purchase last minute school stuff. Did I mention shoe shopping? For my 8 year old this is a fun, exciting trip. For the 12 year it is a different story. Two melt downs later she finally found some tennis shoes that fit. I forgot to mention she is 12 and wears a size 11 shoe! You read that right, size 11. Afraid she is going to be really tall. The 8 year purchased 2 pairs of tennis shoes, heck it was a sale.
And did I mention belt shopping? Yes, belt shopping. Apparently jr high girls have to wear belts with their shirts tucked in. Here we go again, another melt down. Dang, why does she have to be so dog gone emotional? 5 stores later we finally found what we needed and they fit at Wal-Mart. Should have just gone there first. Do you know how difficult it is to find a solid color girl belt with no bling, bling or anything on it? VERY difficult!
So in the morning I will send a 3rd grader and a 7th grader out the door. Sure hope I wake up on time.
No comments:
Post a Comment