Ahh today was another one of those lazy summer days. I have been craving a day of nothing to do and nowhere to go. Today was just that day.
We did some house work this morning. And after that it pretty much was a lazy day. Next weekend is my official last weekend "off". Not that I don't get weekends off because I do but they change once I go back to school. Once I go back to work weekends are for catching up on housework, going grocery shopping, church, and anything else that comes into play there. Not much time for just lazying around the house just doing whatever I dog gone feel like. And I'm usually so drained from the week that doing most of these items during the weekend is more like a chore than anything else. Like one more thing to do and ugh.
I know by looking at my house sometimes it looks as if I "never" do anything around here. But I do. This summer I have been able to get caught up on some projects and clean out all 3 kids rooms, closets, dressers, toys and the forbidden under the bed area! Hopefully once school starts we can keep it straightened up. When we moved into this house three years ago I had a 3 month old baby and then started back to graduate school the next summer so there really hasn't been much time to worry about things around this house to much.
I realized something a few weeks back that I was holding back on allowing the kids to have friends over because of my embarrassment of how the house looked. I talked to the girls and told them that I didn't mind if they had friends over but they needed to step up to the plate and help to keep things picked up. They always ask if they can have friends over and before I have pretty much said no. So much so that Leah quit asking if she could have friends over because she already knew the answer. She hadn't asked to have a friend over since 2nd grade and she is going into 7th grade in a few weeks. How sad is that? Very sad if you ask me.
Well tonight we have two extra friends of Leah's over. Talk about an overwhelmness of estrogen in this house tonight! I told the girls if they didn't care what the house looked like then I would try my best to not worry about what their friends would think of a cluttered, messy house. When I have friends over I always tell them "put your blinders on!" to pretend like they don't see the messes. And usually the only friends I have over are the ones that I wouldn't care what they think about it anyway. Now there are some that come over that I worry extremely about what they will think about my home. I know I shouldn't worry about it but I do. I hate the anxiety and worry over if my house is perfect enough and what comments will be said about it. I'm trying to get better about not letting it get to me but hey, I'm only human right? I do get my feelings hurt over silliness like this. I'm not a perfect mom nor a perfect house keeper but I have relatively happy kids and a happy husband and that's all that matters.
So bring on the friends kids, momma will relax a little bit. Welcome to our home kids. Its messy. Its cluttered. Its a fun place to be. We have a little bit of everything you would want to do or play with in this home. It is well loved....and lived in for that matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment